Welcome to The Lindsay Family Big Trips Australia Blog! We aim to provide useful information about camping and caravanning around Australia. From planning and preparation, building itineraries, getting equipped, education on the road, where to stay and what to do. We also hope you enjoy following us on our family travels, and aim to keep this blog fun, informative, interesting and inspiring!

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Terror in the night!

Terror in the night!
So much for a relaxing last night in St George.  Little did we know that while we were at the St George show another family had made itself at home in our camp! Our first alert was Hannah (quite calmly I must admit) calling out "Ah Mum, Dad, there's a rat in here!"
This was followed by Scott and I armed with torches, the kids fishing nets and the chase was on. Gosh those little things can move.  Ben slept on throughout the first catch, (with the mouse taking refuge under his camp bed) but awoke as it became hands on deck after the second sighting. 
Needless to say my night of terror continued as I hid under the doona with my head covered by my sarong (thanks Kathleen) in fear of one running over my face.  I listened to that mouse...or mice, scurrying from place to place on the camper floor the whole night. The next morning at least ten mice made a run for it as we pulled the camper down. Ooooh!
Today we are on our way to Cunnumulla, staying at the Nardoo station. Hopefully we don’t have any stowaways.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa that was your worst nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasmin

    Eeekk! Mice! What fun that must have been! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are in for some fabulous experiences on this trip - but that is DEFINITELY one I'm glad I missed! Brought back memories of having a rat run over my head as I was falling asleep in a cheap hotel in India. Yuuucckkk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! That would have been it for me Lisa. I would have slept ih the car! I can handle some things but mice in the camper! That would be it for me. By the way, already enjoying the blog posts and pics. Travel safe. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments everyone, its great to hear from you. Yes Anna I am working on some sort of interactive map!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey hannah how big was the rat
    from taaeli

    ReplyDelete